Friday, August 5, 2011

Metal/ Screamo

This post is specifically for the metal and screamo genres of music, or at least what I percieve as metal and screamo. No copyright infringement intended, no links, pictures, or quotes belong to me.  Bands are in bold, songs titles are in italics, and song quotes are in "quotes". I had such a hard time picking only 5 bands for this genre. All choices are based on personal opinion.

#5. Five Finger Death Punch -
  • Bad Company
  • Can't Heal You
  • Burn It Down
"I burn it down,
Just to watch it go,
I burn it down,
So everybody knows,
I burn it down,
Just to see it torched,
I burn it down,
I hate it to the core" - Burn It Down

#4. Atreyu -
  • No One Cares
  • Doomsday
  • Bleeding is a Luxury
"Open your eyes and see,
That it's so menacing,
You need to realise that bleeding is a luxury.

Kill 'til theres nothing left,
Value in every breath,
You need to realise that bleeding is a luxury." - Bleeding is a Luxury

#3. Bullet for my Valentine -
  • All These Things I Hate
  • Fever
  • Begging for Mercy
"Please forgive me (please forgive me),
I don't know what I'm doing,
Someone help me,
Stop begging for your mercy.

Please forgive me (please forgive me),
I don't know what I'm doing,
Someone help me,
Stop begging for your mercy." - Begging for Mercy

#2. Korn -
  • Coming Undone
  • Politics
  • Love Song
"Love song,
For the dear departed,
Head stone,
For the broken hearts,
Hours to kill,
More flowers to steal.

Head trip,
For the mortal earthbound,
One sip,
Of this blood that I've found,
Lying here,
I'm dying here." - Love Song


#1. Slipknot !
  • Dead Memories
  • Vendetta
  • I Am Hated
  • The Heretic Anthem
  • Everything Ends


"Shallow skin, I can paint with pain,
I mark the trails on my arms with your disdain,
Everyday it's the same,
I love, you hate,
But I guess I don't care anymore.

Fix my problems with the blade,
While my eyes turn from blue to gray,
And the worst thing happened to me today,
But I guess I don't care anymore" - Everything Ends   Everything Ends Link


"I bleed for this,
And I bleed for you,
Still you look in my face like I'm somebody new.
Toy,
Nobody wants anything I've got,
Which is probably 'cause you're made of everything I'm not." - The Heretic Anthem

Current Members:

Corey Taylor: Lead Vocals
Mick Thomson: Guitars
Jim Root: Guitars
Shawn "Clown" Crahan: Percussion, Backing Vocals
Craig "133" Jones: Sampling, Media
Chris Fehn: Percussion, Backing Vocals
Joey Jordison: Drums
Sid Wilson: Turntables


Special Mentions - These bands are equally amazing, but not part of the top 5. It was a hard choice, because I love them all.
  • Disturbed
  • Drowning Pool
  • August Burns Red
  • Darkest Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment